All students are followed by teachers and other concerned people. They help and guide students in academic matters like studies, examination, attendance and conduct. Students are advised to meet their guide teacher or whenever asked by the guide teacher. Private tuition by faculty members is not allowed here. However, following rules and regulations are followed here:
- Conduct and discipline:
During their stay all students are required to abide by all the rules and regulations of the institute. Non-adherence to these rules and regulations marks the students liable to disciplinary action, which may range from warning to expulsion from the institute. Students in MMATS are forbidden to organize any union, association or society other than those set up by the institute authority in order to enrich their physical, intellectual and ethical development.
- Regulation for Library use:
Mohasthan Medical Assistant Training School has a separate rich library with necessary books, journals, articles, periodicals, papers, etc. All books, bags etc. of the students must be kept in the specified cubicles provided by the college. Students are responsible for the care of these articles. Students must carry their identity cards and membership cards for Library use. Every student is expected to maintain calm and quiet during library use so that other students feel free to study smoothly.
- Library hours:
Library remains open from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm. After completion of reading, the students will leave the book on the table for the librarian or his staff to collect the book and to put it in its proper place.
- All students must observe strict discipline in the school. On disciplinary grounds the following penalties may be imposed on a student, depending on the nature of offence:
- Instructions for the students:
- All students are expected to be residents of students hostels-male or female where seats are available and 2-3 persons shall share a single room. They shall arrange their own cot, study table, bookshelf as per specifications available in the Office of the hostel Superintendent/warden but all these elements will be supplied by the institute. Not allowed musical instruments, heater, TV, refrigerator or any cooking device including stove in the student’s room.
- Defer from appearing examinations.
- Expulsion from the school, temporarily or permanent.
- Any other punishment suggested by Academic/Disciplinary council is followed.
- Students are to carry their identity card while inside the institute and Hospital.
- Students are advised to attend classes wearing prescribed dress assigned by the institute.
- Rings, bangles are impediment in the practical classes and are therefore not allowed.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden in the hostels, institute and hospital campus.
- Environment should be kept clean and therefore, students are advised to throw litters into the waste bins.
- Pasting of posters and writing of the institute and hospital premises are prohibited. Those are considered as act of indiscipline and offends involved are liable to punishment.
- Closing of institute, hospital and department gates or doors and creating obstacles in the normal functioning are act gross indiscipline and students involved in such acts are liable to expelled from the institute.
- All types of demonstrations, processions, shouting in the institute and hospitals premises are prohibited and students involved in those activities are liable to be expelled from the institute.
- Absent from classes, individuals or in a mass without prior information and without valid reason are punishable by imposition of daily fine of Tk. 10/= individually and latter on guardians will be informed of such acts of their wards.
- The students are expected to maintain the highest standard in their academic and private lives. Loss of moral and spiritual values or addiction to alcohol and narcotic drugs are punishable.
- Students must not misbehave with the staffs or employees of the institute & hospital. Misbehavior is an act of indiscipline and liable for punishment.
- Students will state their problems/grievances/inconveniences to their Guide Teacher (list of the teachers who will act as students guide are notified separately). The guide will solve the problems of the students himself/herself or refer them to the Principal or a special committee formed especially for the purpose. Statement of the grievances/problems/inconveniences by the students must be in an orderly and disciplined manner. Any act or indiscipline on the part of any student including usage of abusive words or objectionable words and sentences will make the student liable to be punished by expulsion from the institute.
- Every student shall provide for himself/herself all the prescribed text books, dissecting instruments and medical equipments. The institute will not supply these to the student.
- Leave: In case of Wellness or other unavoidable reasons of not attendance a writing statement from the parents/guardian should be presented to the principal who will approve.
- Political activities are not permitted in the institute at all.
- Students need to take out-pass before leaving the campus during vacation and for matters that would take them to outside institute compound. The legal guardians of the female students must collect their wards before leaving the Hostel compound.