Regular Examination System & Schedule
Student Assessments are made through periodic class examinations, viz. written, orals, MCQs, Practical, Card Completion Examination and Ward Ending examinations, etc.
B. Mode of Examination and Eligibility:
1. Promotion from 1st year to 2nd year and from 3rd year to 4th year classes. Students require:
i) To Posses 75% attendance in class.
ii) Secure 60% marks in the periodic examinations.
iii) Satisfactory behavior and conduct to be certified by the Heads of the department concerned and Disciplinary committee.
2. Promotion from 2nd year to 3rd year and from 4th year to 5th year:
Through professional examinations conducted by University of Rajshahi in January and July every year M.B.B.S/degree to be awarded after a student has passed all subjects of the Final Examinations at the end 5th year classes to the satisfaction of the authorities.
C. Course and Examinations
1. M.B.B.S course is a course of 5 (Five) years duration plus I (one) year Internship Training.
2. There will be 3 Professional Examinations during the M.B.B.S Course.
Name of Examination
Timing of Examination
Name of Subjects
|1st Professional MBBS Examination||At the end of 1.5 Years||
|2nd Professional MBBS Examination||At the end of 3.5 Years||
|Final Professional MBBS Examination||At the end of 5 Years||
- Pathology includes General Pathology, Systemic Pathology, hematology and Chemical Pathology.
- Microbiology includes Bacteriology, Immunology, Virology, Phraseology, Mycology and Clinical Pathology.
- Medicine includes Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Dermatology, Venereal Diseases and Physical Medicine.
- Surgery includes General and Regional Surgery, Orthopedics and Traumatology, Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology, Anesthesiology, Radiology, Radiotherapy, Blood Transfusion and Dentistry.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology includes also Neonatology and Family Planning.
3. There will be 2 (Two) Professional Examination’s in one year.
Rajshahi University shall conduct three professional examinations for 5 years MBBS course of which two Professional Examinations will be conducted in one year as follows.
- At 1st week of January
- At 1st week of July Every year
- Subjects with marks allocated for different professional Examination will be as follows:
In 1st Professional
- Anatomy- 500 Marks
- Physiology- 400 Marks
- Biochemistry- 400 Marks
Total- 1300 Marks
In 2nd Professional
Pathology (300) + Microbiology (300)= 600 Marks
- Community Medicine 300 Marks
- Pharmacology & Therapeutics 300 Marks
- F. Medicine & toxicology 300 Marks
Total 1500 Marks
In final Professional
- Medicine -500 Marks
- Surgery -500 Marks
- Obs & Gynaecology -500 Marks
Total Mark 1500 Marks
N.B: Pass marks will be 60% in each written Oral & Practical/Clinical Exams separately.
D. Marks and pattern of questions in written Examination in each subject will be as follows:
01. 10% marks of written examination of each paper of each subject is allocated for formative assessment.
02. 20% marks are allocated for MCQ for each paper. There will be separate answer script for MCQ examination. Time allocation is 1(One) minute for each question consisting of 5 items (20 questions.).
03. 70% marks are allocated for SAQ (Except in Corn. Medicine) for each paper
E. For Oral, Clinical & Practical the Examination system & Marks distribution is shown against each subject (See the Curriculum in detail).
F. Oral part of the examination will be structured.
G. In Medicine there will be 2 boards consisting of 4 Examiners for Oral, Clinical & Practical examinations.
Board-I: One examiner from Internal Medicine
Board-lI: One examiner from Internal Medicine
One examiner from sub specialties (e.g. Dermatology/Psychiatry)
There will be no Temp-Chart, slides and specimen in the practical Examinations.
H. In Surgery-Oral, Practical & Clinical examination will be held in Two separate days.
- One Day-General Surgery
- Another Day-Ophthalmology + ENT
Students are expected to maintain a consistently high standard in the academic performance. In course evaluations will be made through regular periodic class test, assignments, card final and term examination conducted by individual departments. The term examination shall include written (combinations of MCQs, SAQ and Essay) Oral, Practical/Clinical including OSPE and OSCEs. The result shall be recorded in students progress report card/log book, 10% of marks of each subject in the University Professional Examinations shall come from scores obtained in In-course formative evolutions.
No student shall be allowed to sit for professional MBBS examination of the university unless he/she attends a minimum of 75% of classes hold, secure at least 60% marks in class assignment and periodic in course examinations and demonstrates satisfactory attitude, behavior and conduct.
All students passing the final Professional MBBS Examination shall be required to undergo one year compulsory internship training as prescribed by Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council and specially designed by the TMC academic council. The training is a minimum prerequisite for obtaining registration with the BM&DC. The training is fully structured and supervised. It is planned and designed for the young doctors to develop necessary skill and experiences to deal with the common routine and emergency health problem. It is also meant to motivate the doctors to follow the medical ethics and appreciate the pain of each individual patient as his/her won. The trainees will be entitled to adequate and appropriate subsistence allowances.
Parents and Teacher Meeting
The college authority highly appreciates the counseling with the parents at a regular interval as well as whenever the parents feel for in respect to improve the academic atmosphere of the college.