Nursing is a profession which is not, in fact, looked on with dignity and honour in our country. It is not given the proper value and dignity. There is only one B.Sc Nursing College run by the Government of Bangladesh. At present in private sector, there are some nursing colleges which have come up for producing skilled nurses. But still now, there is a huge shortage of skilled nurses in Bangladesh and also abroad. If we can run this Nursing College with quality, these graduates will not only be able to work in the country but also will get opportunities to work in Europe, Middle East and United States. We want to give them the practical exposure from the very beginning along with English and computer literacy.
Outcome of Diploma-in-Nursing science & Midwifery Course:
Nursing is a dynamic, continuous learning process of acquiring nursing and midwifery knowledge and skills that bring about changes of student hehaviors. However, students who will complete the Diploma program will be a competent nurse-midwifery who can demonstrate the competency of nursing knowledge-based practice for provision of quality holistic client-centered nursing care to meet needs/expectations and to promote, maintain and restore health of individuals, families and communities in common and simple health problems/situations. As the registered nurse-midwifery, they would also be able to:
1. Demonstrate to have knowledge in following areas-
- Basic sciences, applied sciences and human sciences.
- Nursing science focusing on interpersonal communication, nursing process, holistic nursing, community-oriented nursing and knowledge requiring for making clinical nursing judgment in common and simple health problems/situations of nursing clients across the life-span and across health illness continuum.
- Nursing leadership and management.
- National health care policy.
- Emerging local and global health issues.
- Basic research and evidence-based nursing.
- Basic self-inquiry and computer.
2. Demonstrate to have skills in:
- Using nursing process with knowledge-based clinical skills and critical thinking skills in caring for clients with common and simple health problems/situations across the life-span and across health-illness continuum in order to promote, maintain and restore health.
- Providing client-oriented and holistic care with caring behaviors.
- Carrying out knowledge-based and community-oriented nursing practice with positive attitudes, ethical behaviors and accountability in accordance with the BNC rules and regulations and professional standards.
- Communicating effectively with nursing clients, nursing members, physicians and other health care providers.
- Working collaborately in a health care team and as a member or a novice leader of the nursing care team.
- Managing own work on a day-to-day basis.
- Guiding and fostering good clinical environment to nursing students and other support staff who work under nursing supervision.
- Thinking critically and committing to self-directed learning.
Outcome of Post Basic-BSN Program
- The students admitted to the Post Basic-BSN Program will graduate within 2 years.
- At the time of program completion, Post Basic-USN students will appear in the licensure examination of BNC.
- After passing the licensure examination of BNC, Post Basic start reviewing NCLEX-RN examination and can process their employment in USA.
- At the time of program completion, students will report utilizing research findings and evidenced-based practice in their practice setting.
- At the time of program completion, graduates will report the acquisition of enhanced computer and presentation skills.
- Graduates will report improved professional knowledge and competence by continuing education and nursing specialization.
The POST BASIC-BSN Program graduate will be able to:
Integrate spiritual, cultural, and developmental concepts and values in providing and managing care for clients.
- Synthesize knowledge from the humanities, bio-psychosocial and nursing sciences in providing and managing care.
Use management/leadership skill and knowledge of the socio-political system in providing comprehensive, therapeutic nursing care.
Use the nursing process to provide nursing care to clients, groups, and communities.
Collaborate with clients, groups, communities, and other health care providers in the delivery of heath care.
Incorporate findings from nursing and health –related research in promoting health and in the delivery of nursing care.
Participate in the delivery of health services by functioning in nursing roles necessary to meet the needs of a changing society.
Practice within the profession’s legal and ethical boundaries to meet the health care needs of clients, groups, and communities.
Assume responsibility for continuing personal, professional and education development necessary to function in a rapidly changing health care environment.
To prepare themselves to be dedicated in their profession for the betterment of the patient/ client and humanity.