Exceptionality and Specialty:
Curative health care service by the doctor
Established strong referral system for better treatment with special arrangement for the poor
Merged CNC with satellite center
Financial support for the WGM
Involved Doctors, local MPs, Union Parishad Chairman & members, Imam, Teacher and other elite in social mobilization
Arranged/ participate in demonstration events /fairs on nutrition issues
Involved additional manpower and experts
Engaged TMSS own cultural team in social mobilization
Arranged training on safe delivery for SBA & women member of the union parishad
Arranged workshop on “Role of teachers in addressing adolescent health “with participation of school and college teachers.
What is Special about RCH?
- Almost all people who come to visit RCH, or to work here, consider it as a remarkably good place in rural area covering green trees. Here are some of the reasons why–not in any particular order.
- It is a very feeling place for many reasons.
- It is always full of people and busy for different purposes, i.e. provision of medical education and for TMSS Foundation Office.
- It is professionally very well speed up hospital maintained by TMSS management.
- It is run by an exceptional organization and tries very hard to give a good example in the field of medical services in rural areas, especially for women and child health services.
- The staffs of RCH are mixed by different religions.
- It is not corrupt at all.
- It really focuses on the poor, hard core poor and the poorest of the poor living in northern rural areas.
- It is surprisingly high quality medical service providing hospital.
- All the Heads of major Departments are Bangladeshi and they are highly qualified and specialized in their respective areas.
- We have some extremely high quality staffs having Ph.D., FRCS, FCPS, MS and other specialized degrees in the field of medical education.
- It also works with the disadvantaged people every day with free of cost or at a minimum/marginal cost.
- We don’t keep people out of ward. The accommodation is available for different types of patients in the general wars or Cabins or VIP Cabins.
- RCH has several buses, costars, microbuses and ambulances for carrying out patients and doctors.
- We do always assess whether we are really still reaching the poor, hard core poor and poorest of the poor in rural areas.
- It is a real pleasure to work here as it is a philanthropically organization and originated from exceptional way.
- It is maintained very high standards throughout its existence and all staffs are dedicated here for providing better services.
- The large number of short term volunteers enables RCH to keep side by side with good practice outside and bring continual refreshment to RCH.
- We always endeavor continually to treat all people with mutual respect.
- It is very high quality despite being a rural hospital serving the poor at a minimum or marginal cost.
- It is established in a lovely environment, largely surround by rice paddies, green trees and its own eco-park make it very pleasant to work and live.
Why do we work Here?
Common reasons why people come to work at RCH are as follows:
- RCH people really care about the poor, hard core poor and poorest of the poor and are doing something about it.
- RCH provides excellent hands on, practical experience, in large quantities.
- People are given real responsibility–within their capability but prolonged.
- RCH and its staff are always wanting and needing to learn more, and so experienced support is very much welcomed.
- RCH is very flexible, matching roles with personal capabilities and preferences (to a very large degree).
- There are some high quality, highly professional staff here, and it is a pleasure to work, and to learn if appropriate, in such an environment.
- RCH provides the diversity of health care – from village house to house level all the way through to tertiary hospital care.
- RCH people are really nice people for delivering medical services and mutual interactions.
- RCH is clearly a philanthropically organization and this defines our values, yet we work happily with mixed religions for staff and patients.
- The location of RCH set amongst rice fields is very much attractive to work and live here.
- RCH has safe drinking water, direct from the tap and effectively continuous electricity round the clock.
- RCH is always being ‘refreshed and updated’ by the flow of experienced people coming to RCH from overseas, both short and long term.