All students must observe strict discipline in the Institute. On disciplinary grounds the following penalties may be imposed on a student, depending on the nature of offence:
- Defer from appearing examinations.
- Expulsion from the institute, temporarily or permanent.
- Any other punishment suggested by Academic/Disciplinary council is followed.
Instructions for the students:
- All students are expected to be residents of students hostels-male or female where seats are available and 4 (four) persons shall share a single room. They shall arrange their own cot, study table, bookshelf as per specifications available in the Office of the hostel Superintendent/warden but all these elements will be supplied by the institute. No musical instruments, heater, TV, refrigerator or any cooking device including stove are allowed in the student’s room.
- Students are to carry their identity card while inside the institute and Hospital.
- Students are advised to attend classes wearing prescribed dress assigned by the institute.
- No students without wearing prescribed dress are allowed to attend at the classes or in the institute & hospital campus.
- Rings, bangles are impediment in the practical classes and are therefore not allowed.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden in the hostels, institute and hospital campus.
- Environment should be kept clean and therefore, students are advised to throw litters into the waste bins.
- Pasting of posters and writing in the institute and hospital premises are prohibited. Those are considered as act of indiscipline and offends involved are liable to punishment.
- Closing of institute, hospital and department gates or doors and creating obstacles in the normal functioning are act gross indiscipline and students involved in such acts are liable to expelled from the institute.
- All types of demonstrations, processions, shouting in the institute and hospitals premises are prohibited and students involved in those activities are liable to be expelled from the institute.
- Absent from classes, individuals or in a mass without prior information and without valid reason are punishable by imposition of daily fine of Tk. 10/= individually and latter on guardians will be informed of such acts of their wards.
- Students will state their problems/grievances/inconveniences to their Guide Teacher (list of the teachers who will act as students guide are notified separately). The guide will solve the problems of the students himself/herself or refer them to the Principal or a special committee formed especially for the purpose. Statement of the grievances/problems/inconveniences by the students must be in an orderly and disciplined manner. Any act or indiscipline on the part of any student including usage of abusive words or objectionable words and sentences will make the student liable to be punished by expulsion from the institute.
- Students must not misbehave with the staffs or employees of the institute & hospital. Misbehavior is an act of indiscipline and liable for punishment.
- The students are expected to maintain the highest standard in their academic and private lives. Loss of moral and spiritual values or addiction to alcohol and narcotic drugs are punishable.
- At the time of admission into the institute, students and parents/guardians will have to sign a bond that their children/ward will abide by the rules and regulations of the institute.
- Leave: In case of Wellness or other unavoidable reasons of not attendance a writing statement from the parents/guardian should be presented to the principal who will approve.
- Cost of loss/damage to institute/hospital properly is liable to be realized from the students who are found responsible for the loss/damage of institute/hospital property.
- Political activities are not permitted in the institute at all.
- The legal guardians of the female students must collect their wards before leaving the Hostel compound.