Institute Rules and Discipline
Code of Conduct and Discipline:
During their stay at the institute all students are required to abide by all the rules and regulations of the institute. Non-adherence to these rules and regulations marks the students liable to disciplinary action, which may range from warning to expulsion from the institute. Students in RCPI are forbidden to organize any union, association or society other than those set up by the institute authority in order to enrich their physical, intellectual and ethical development.
All students must observe strict discipline in the Institute. On disciplinary grounds the following penalties may be imposed on a student, depending on the nature of offence:
- Defer from appearing examinations.
- Expulsion from the institute, temporarily or permanent.
- Any other punishment suggested by Academic/Disciplinary council is followed.
Instructions for the students:
- All students should attend at the class regularly and no students are allowed to attend at the examination if they attend less than 80% classes.
- Every student must attend at the ‘Item Card Examination’ and they should be successful according to the rules of Board.
- All students should be successful in all examinations arranged by the institute.
- All students are expected to be residents of students’ hostels.
- Students are to carry their identity card while inside the Institute.
- Students are advised to attend classes wearing prescribed dress assigned by the institute.
- No students without wearing prescribed dress are allowed to attend at the classes or in the institute.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden in the hostels, institute.
- Environment should be kept clean.
- Students are advised to throw litters into the waste bins.
- Pasting of posters and writing of the institute premises are prohibited.
- Closing of institute and department gates or doors and creating obstacles in the normal functioning are act gross indiscipline and students involved in such acts are liable to expelled from the institute.
- All types of demonstrations, processions, shouting in the institute premises are prohibited and students involved in those activities are liable to be expelled from the institute.
- Absent from classes, individuals or in a mass without prior information and without valid reason are punishable by imposition of daily fine as imposed by the institute authority and latter on guardians will be informed of such acts of their wards.
- Students must not misbehave with the staffs or employees of the institute. Misbehavior is an act of indiscipline and liable for punishment.
- The students are expected to maintain the highest standard in their academic and private lives.
- Loss of moral and spiritual values or addiction to alcohol and narcotic drugs are punishable.
- At the time of admission into the institute, students and parents/guardians will have to sign a bond that their children/ward will abide by the rules and regulations of the institute.
- Cost of loss/damage to institute properly is liable to be realized from the students who are found responsible for the loss/damage of institute property.
- Political activities are not permitted in the institute at all.
- Students need to take out-pass before leaving the campus during vacation and for matters that would take them to outside institute compound.
- The legal guardians of the female students must collect their wards before leaving the Hostel compound.